Building Permits

If you are about to start a building project, and are unsure of whether a permit is required, please read the Town’s FAQ document about building permits HERE. Contact Zoning Administrator Janelle Kaiser or Building Inspector Tom Huenink with any questions. Contact information can be found HERE. Fees may be doubled if work starts before obtaining a permit.

PLEASE NOTE: Sheboygan County requires all applicants to first provide documentation to the County Planning & Conservation Department verifying the location of the existing septic tank and absorption area as it relates to the addition to the existing structure or proposed accessory structure so the Department can confirm that the proper setbacks between the building system components are met and that the existing septic system will not be adversely affected by the construction. Town building permits will not be issued without letter from Sheboygan County confirming your compliance with these requirements.