Short-Term Rental Licenses

All short-term rental property in the Town of Holland must be licensed by the Town of Holland, with annual the licensing period commencing on July 1st and expiring on June 30th. An annual license renewal application is required each year on or before June 30th for those who practice short-term rental activities in the Town of Holland.  You may find what qualifies as a short-term rental activity and learn about licensing requirements by referencing the Town’s short-term rental ordinance HERE.

Town of Holland short-term rental licenses should be applied for using the short-term rental license application portal (see below). The annual short-term rental license fee is $350 and should be paid by check made payable to Town of Holland. The check should be mailed to the Holland Town Hall at W3005 County Road G, Cedar Grove, WI 53013.

The Town’s short-term rental ordinance requires that all license applicants who apply for a short-term rental license from the Town also provide confirmation that a Tourist Rooming House (TRH) license has been obtained from the State of Wisconsin.  Tourist Rooming Houses are defined by state law as vacation homes, cabins, and cottages that are rented out to tourists and transients for a short period of time.  The State of Wisconsin requires that any property owner that rents their property on this basis obtain the TRH license. Please note that the State of Wisconsin contracts with the Sheboygan County Health and Human Services Department to perform licensing services, such as inspections of short-term rental properties; you may contact Sheboygan County Health and Human Services at (920) 459-3037 to start the process of obtaining a TRH license.

Town of Holland Short Term Rental Application Portal 
Town of Holland Short Term Rental Application Help Guide

Other Short-Term Rental Information and Resources:

Tourist Rooming Houses (WI DATCP)
DATCP 72 (WI Department of Agriculture, Trade and Consumer Protection)
Sales and Use Permits (WI Dept. of Rev)
Reporting Short Term Lodging with the Dept. of Revenue (WI DOR)